There is this thing that we do when entering a hotel room for the first time.
We make a mental list, a list of things that never happened in the room prior to our stay there:
1. No sex was had anywhere on any surface.
2. No food was digested inside the room.
3. No bodily fluids were spilled onto the bed sheets.
4. No hair strands of any kind were washed down the drain in the shower.
5. No-one dried their naked body on the towels.
And so we are the one unique entity ever to have stayed inside those four walls.
Until we leave and the next guest arrives, making a new list.